GELLACT™️ Gellan Gum
GELLACT™️ Gellan gum is a soluble dietary fiber. This multifunctional gelling agent can be used alone or in combination with other products to produce a wide variety of interesting textures. GELLACT™️ Gellan gum is extremely effective at low use levels in forming gels and is available in two types, high and low acyl content.
Wholesale Gellan Gum Ingredient Suppliers
Brova.co is the leading gellan gum manufacturer and supplier. With our high-quality products and experienced team, we are the best gellan gum solution provider for wholesale and retail customers. Our range of gellan gum products offers superior performance, exceptional value, and superior protection for your products. Our products are manufactured with the highest quality ingredients and are designed to last long.
Our products are sourced from certified manufacturers and our team of experts is dedicated to ensuring quality and customer satisfaction. We strive to provide our customers with the best gellan gum solutions at the most competitive prices. Come to us and experience the difference!
Best Gellan Gum Solution Provider in China
With a commitment to quality and customer satisfaction, we strive to provide the best gellan gum solutions for our customers. From food-grade gellan gum to pharmaceuticals, our products are sure to meet your requirements and provide the best results. With our wide array of gellan gum products, we have something to fit any need. Whether you're looking for a bulk solution or a custom solution, we have the perfect solution for you. With our extensive list of manufacturers and suppliers, you can be sure to find the perfect gellan gum solution for your needs. So, if you’re looking for a reliable and affordable gellan gum supplier, look no further than Brova.co – the wholesale China gellan gum supplier for all your needs.
Are you looking for Gellan Gum Supplier?Contact Us Today!
Origin of Gellan Gum
Gellan gum is obtained from the aerobic fermentation of glucose by the Sphingomonas elodea bacteria, formerly known as Pseudomonas elodea. This species was first isolated from the Elodea plant.
Gellan Gum Functions
Main attributes of gellan gum in baking include:
- Gelling agent: produces an elastic and thermoreversible gel similar to gelatin.
- Thickener: mainly in jellies
- Binding agent: essential for vegan and gluten-free products.
- Stabilizing agent
- Flavor release agent: provides excellent flavor release in fruit jellies.
- Improves water holding capacity during processing and storage
- Reduces oil uptake and aids in formation of films or coat barriers.
Gellan gum is not absorbed by humans, and thus does not provide any caloric intake. As other polysaccharides, it can aid in bowel health and serum cholesterol reduction.
Commercial Production of Gellan Gum
Gellan gum is commercially manufactured through the following process:
- Aerobic fermentation: Sphingomonas elodea bacteria are fed into a batch reactor containing a mixture of glucose, a nitrogen source and inorganic salts.
- Alkalinization: hot alkali at pH 10 and 80oC (176oF) is fed to the reactor for 10 min to obtain a low-acyl gellan gum.
- Precipitation: the gum is treated with hot propanol, and extracted.
- Clarification: fermentation liquor is filtered to obtain a bacteria debris free product.
The high-acyl form is obtained following the same process without the alkalinization step.
For optimal manufacturing, the following parameters are critical:
- Sterile conditions
Gellan Gum Application
Vegan and gluten-free baked goods can benefit from gellan gum’s binding capacity and organic origin, thus making it a suitable partial substitute for eggs and wheat flour. In jellies and fillings it improves texture while providing excellent flavor release in comparison with other gums.
Steps for incorporating this into formulations:
- High-acyl gellan gum is heated up to 85 – 95 oC (185 – 203 oF) in a solution with less than 40% soluble solids, with water or milk as media and calcium citrate. Agitation is needed for gel formation.
- Low-acyl gellan gum is heated up to 75 oC (167oF) in water or milk as media, with calcium citrate. Agitation is needed for gel formation. Salt concentration should not exceed 1.3%.
Usage levels of gellan gum and impact on select formulations:
|Baked good||Usage level||Effect|
|Breading and butter||0.01-3 %||
|Fried food (doughnuts)||0.01-3 %||
|Jams and jellies||0.01-3 %||
|Milk based fillings||0.01-3 %||
Gellan gum is generally recognized as safe by the FDA when used for its intended purpose following good manufacturing practices. The FDA establishes certain quality parameters for the Sphingomonas elodea bacteria used in its manufacturing.
The EU Commission Regulation (EU) No 231/2012 recognizes this (E 418) as a permitted food additive. The FAO/WHO joint committee and the European Community Scientific Committee for Food have not specified an acceptable daily intake limit.
Please Explore Our Other Latest Posts:
- Food sustainability important in Food Industry
- Does Protein Give You Energy
- What to Know Before Buying Chicken Feed
- Functions and Benefits of Amino acids for hair
GELLACT™️ LA is a low acyl gellan gum which form firm, non-elastic, brittle gels. It conforms to Food Chemicals Codex (FCC) 12th edition and The EU Commission Regulation E418.
GELLACT™️ HA is a high acyl gellan gum which forms soft, very elastic, non-brittle gels. It conforms to Food Chemicals Codex (FCC) 12th edition and The EU Commission Regulation E418.
Speak to a Team Member
Contact us now to find out more about our product offerings, to ask us any questions, or to let us know how we can assist you